Why join tajit?
1. The LCI profession is dynamic we have many new rules that will directly impact our license renewal process and regulations. TAJIT’s website provides members with useful links to these new rules as well as a quick reference to some of the more important changes implemented by the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC).
2. The TAJIT membership directory is available to courts, interpretation agencies, court reporting companies and law firms around the state in scheduling interpreters serving their areas. Don't get left out!
3. As a TAJIT member, you have access to a community based forums of fellow interpreting professionals who share experiences, vocabulary and glossary information, as well as job opportunities in our different regions. It is the ideal place to post a question or concern about interpreting procedures, inquire about vocabulary, or ask colleagues around the state for advice. The value of the combined years of experience of members is incalculable – and it’s free to all TAJIT members!
5. TAJIT sponsors Continuing Education (CE) classes throughout the state, bringing to Texas a variety of instructors in different arenas to provide a fresh and current selection of courses to all court interpreters.
6. TAJIT sponsors Interpreter Orientation Courses around the state. Did you know that all candidates for LCI testing must first complete a minimum six-hour orientation course before being allowed to sit for the licensing exam? TAJIT’s Orientation Course is a full nine hours and is designed to provide the most comprehensive and maximum amount of preparation available to aspiring interpreters.
7. Members of TAJIT in good standing are eligible to wear the TAJIT photo ID badge, identifying them to judges, lawyers and other court staff as professional court interpreters.
OUR ASSOCIATION NEEDS THE ENERGY AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION OF ALL TEXAS COURT INTERPRETERS!
THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS - JOIN TAJIT TODAY!