Why join tajit?
1. The LCI profession is dynamic and with our move to the Office of Courts Administration (OCA) we have many new rules that will directly impact our license renewal process and rules and regulations. TAJIT’s website provides members with useful links to these new rules as well as a quick reference to some of the more important changes being implemented by the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC).
2. The TAJIT membership directory will be made available to the OCA to assist courts around the state in scheduling interpreters serving their areas. Don't get left out, Join TAJIT!
3. TAJIT will also be working with the OCA to compile a list of qualified members working on obtaining their Texas LCI qualification. This list may be used by the courts around the state to cover remote assignments or when no LCI is available to cover a last minute proceeding.
4. As a TAJIT member, every licensed court interpreter (LCI) has access to the List Serve – a community-based forum of fellow interpreting professionals who share experiences, vocabulary and glossary information, as well as job opportunities in our different regions. It is the ideal place to post a question or concern about interpreting procedures, inquiries about vocabulary, or to ask colleagues around the state for advice. The value of the combined years of experience of List Serve members is incalculable – and it’s free to all TAJIT members!
5. TAJIT sponsors Continuing Education (CE) classes throughout the state, bringing to Texas a variety of instructors in different arenas to provide a fresh and current selection of courses to all LCIs.
6. TAJIT sponsors Interpreter Orientation courses around the state. Did you know that all candidates for LCI testing must first complete a minimum six-hour orientation course before being allowed to sit for the licensing exam? TAJIT’s Orientation course is a full nine hours and is designed to provide the most comprehensive and maximum amount of preparation available to aspiring interpreters.
OUR MOVE TO THE OCA MAY BRING MANY CHANGES THAT AFECT OUR PROFESSION.
OUR ASSOCIATION NEEDS THE ENERGY AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION OF ALL TEXAS LCI’S!
THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS - JOIN TAJIT TODAY!